No.1 Useless Machine

Inspired by Bruno Munari's Useless Machine's.


I sent this image of my Useless Machine to a friend which started this conversation.


- what does it do?

It will spin, move from side to side, up and down. It’s useless. And my first sculpture. 

- it needs to be bigger! it looks cool.

- No it doesn’t. It’s the perfect size. If I moved rooms/house/country, I can take it with me and it would take up almost no room. It’s light and also strong, so would not break on a long journey. It was very relaxing to make as well. 

- it looks very balanced! How?

- Everything was measured and put together so that no glue or any other adhesive would be needed. It just works with gravity. 

- hows your Sunday going? Will you come visit me in LA?

- ...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog